Don’t be put off by the list of ingredients, these cakes are so simple to prepare and they taste delicious.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Makes: 12 Cupcakes Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 300g/ 3 large carrots, grated
- 3 free-range eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups almond meal
- ¼ cup macadamia oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 4 fresh dates, pitted and diced
- 150g cream cheese
- 50g grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp. rice malt syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a 12 x muffin tin with patty cases.
- Combine grated carrot, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, almond meal, macadamia oil, rice malt syrup and dates. Mix well until combined.
- Divide mixture evenly amongst 12 patty cases and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, butter and rice malt syrup. Whisk until combined.
These carrot cupcakes will keep well in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. They also store really well in the freezer.