Working with athletes, I’m constantly looking for natural ways to help the body recover after intense training sessions and competitions. Here, I explain the benefits of drinking coconut water: nature’s powerade!
- It contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and is 100% natural.
- Coconut water is packed with essential electrolytes (calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium) to help our bodies re-hydrate efficiently and effectively post work-out/training & even hot yoga.
- It contains bio active enzymes that help digestion and promotes healthy thyroid function.
- Coconut water is a great source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin and folates that are critical to the healthy function of the body’s nervous system, muscles, vital organs and metabolism.
- Research suggest that cytokins in coconut water showed significant anti-ageing and anti-carcinogenic effects.
- It tastes DELICIOUS!
For those completing intense training, I recommend adding a pinch of Celtic sea-salt to increase the level of NATURAL sodium to match those of artificial sports-drinks.
For weight management, Coconut water shld be used as a booster 150ml-250ml after a tough exercise session. Add coconut water to your post-workout smoothie, or drink straight from the source. Always continue to drink 2L of fresh clean water day-to-day.
If you can get your hands on a fresh coconut, my new “Health, Happiness & Whole-Foods” Summer cookbook explains how to make your very own coconut yoghurt from the left-over coconut meat! Delicious!