Whether you are looking for a delicious breakfast option, a simple but delicious dessert recipe or a quick afternoon snack (a personal favourite here at ‘An Apple a Day HQ’), my Vanilla Coconut Chia Pudding is a pretty damn good place to start!
Chia seeds make the best snack on the go and are packed full of nature’s goodness. Not only are Chia seeds rich in protein, they also contain high doses of omega 3 ALA, iron and potassium. Chia seeds also contain 5 times more calcium than milk and 7 times more vitamin C than oranges!
By coupling this delicious Chia pudding with very low fructose coconut water, you get a sweet treat without the sugar.
Vanilla Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- Fruit salad and coconut chips to serve
- In a bowl,add chia seeds, coconut milk, coconut water, vanilla powder, shredded coconut and salt. Mix well until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (I find that overnight also works really well).
- Divide the mixture up into your serving dishes or mason jars and top with fresh fruit.
To make a berry coulis style topping, place 1 cup of frozen berries in a small bowl and pop them in the fridge overnight. Upon serving, spoon the defrosted berries onto the chia pudding and drizzle the remaining berry liquid over the top.