Looking for a sweet treat without the added sugar and refined carbohydrates? This delicious banana bread is the perfect option. Prepare as a single loaf or make some delicious banana bread muffins, whichever you choose, one thing is for sure, they won’t last long!
Grain Free Banana Bread
Makes: 1 Loaf or 12 Muffins Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 45 Min
- 3 Bananas, large and extra ripe
- 3 Free range organic eggs
- 2 cups Almond meal
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Macadamia oil
- 2 tbsp Maple, Honey or Rice malt syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder + 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin or line a muffin tray with unbleached patty cases.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix well.
- Spoon batter into cake tin and cook for 30-35mins (skewer should come out dry). If you are making muffins, a tray of 12 usually requires 20-25mins, depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf.