Since visiting Greece, the good old Greek Salad has been on my radar each and every summer. Rich in fresh seasonal vegetables, the colour of this dish alone is enough to start you salivating. The dressing is simple yet so effective and the combination of flavors is enough to transport you to somewhere in the Mediterranean with a single bite. This quick and easy dish pairs perfectly with fish or lamb.
Ensure you’re using a good quality olive oil when dressing this dish. You can find out more about the products I recommend here.
Greek Salad with Goats Feta
- 2 handfuls of fresh rocket, finely sliced
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and coarsely chopped
- 110g goat’s feta, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- Combine rocket, tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum, and goat’s feta in a salad bowl. Sprinkle with oregano and salt.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a jug. Drizzle the salad with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.