Lemon Cashew Cream… yes such a delicious combination does exist and it’s 100% gluten and dairy free.
Last week I posted a photo of my lemon cashew cream & fresh berry breakfast from Blendlove (a health cafe here on the Gold Coast, see pic below). Before too long I was inundated with requests for a variation of my own cashew cream recipe and here we are! This cream pairs perfectly with any form of fresh fruit as a healthy dessert (or in my case Blendlove breakfast) option – just drizzle the cashew cream on top.
As always, this recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
If you have any requests for additional recipes, please let me know. I love receiving feedback from readers and will do my best to make the most out of your time here 🙂
Lemon Cashew Cream
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 cup cashews
- Juice of 1 lemons
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 cup water or Nutty Bruce coconut milk
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Let them soak for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain water.
- Add cashews, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract and maple syrup to a blender or food processor and blend until combined.
- Stop blender, scrape down the sides of the jug and add approximately half the water. Blend until smooth.
- like my lemon cashew cream incredibly smooth and creamy, so I tend to add more liquid to reach the desired consistency. To avoid adding too much liquid, start adding liquid slowly to reach your desired consistency.
Thermomix owners, I find it easier to double the recipe to ensure there is enough mixture for the Thermy to get it’s “teeth” into 🙂
All of the content at ‘An Apple a Day’ is FREE to help you live the healthiest life possible. Please support our cause by sharing this post with a friend and together, we can keep the content and momentum going! To do this, simply click on one of the floating green icons found on the left hand side of this page, to reach your desired platform (facebook, email, google+ etc), it’s as easy as that! 🙂