These Paleo Fish Tacos are my go-to on a hot summers night – they enable you to prepare something healthy and oh so tasty, without the hassle of extensive kitchen prep time. The pairing of the Avocado and Mango is one of my favourite flavour combinations, especially when thrown together using fresh local fish! YUM! This recipe is an absolute favourite amongst clients (and ALL of their immediate families), you’ll have to try it and let me know what you think!
As always, this recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
- 1 firm mango peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 2 limes 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp. coriander chopped
- 2 white fish fillets 1 fish filler for dinner and lunch
- 3 tsp. Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves to be used as cups for serving
Mix the mango, avocado, lime juice and coriander together in a small bowl and set aside.
Slice the fish into small bite sized pieces. In a separate bowl combine the fish with the Moroccan seasoning until it is well coated.
Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and lightly cook the fish for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Add additional Moroccan Seasoning if you feel this is necessary.
Divide the fish amongst 6 lettuce cups. Top with red cabbage and avocado and mango salsa. Serve with lime wedges.