Quick salad recipes that are not only nutritious, but also delicious can be hard to come by. That is why this week, when I posted a photo of a chicken, avocado and quinoa salad that I quite literally threw together in less than 10 minutes, social media lit up. As a result of all the buzz, I had lots of people asking for this recipe so they could make it at home. To ensure this recipe is easy and accessible to everyone, I decided it was easiest to share it on the blog.
Because I quite literally through this together in less than 10 minutes, I didn’t strictly measure anything 🙂 So you’ll have to use a little intuition when pulling this together. This recipe of course, serves one 🙂
As a side note: to help keep me on track throughout the week, I will often cook up a batch of quinoa on the weekend and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. When I am throwing together a salad like this one, it’s easy enough to add a few tablespoons of quinoa to the dish and be on my way in under 10 minutes.
To find out more about the ingredients: Olive Oil: Which is the best variety for your Salad? and Salt: Why I opted to swap it not stop it.
Quick Salad Recipes: Chicken, Avocado & Quinoa Salad
- 1/4 brown onion, diced
- 1/3 chicken breast, diced
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 a small avocado
- 2 tablespoons of cooked quinoa
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Himalayan Rock Salt
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, lightly pan fry the onion and chicken until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl. add baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado and cooked quinoa. Add the chicken and onion and toss the ingredients to combine.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the salad, drizzle the olive oil and add a pinch of salt before tossing the salad once more. Serve immediately.