Roasted Cauliflower & Turmeric Soup
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. macadamia oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2-1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- Sea salt, black pepper and olive oil to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, garlic and macadamia oil
- Spread the cauliflower mixture on a roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large saucepan and add the chicken stock and turmeric. Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- Cover the saucepan. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender or a blender.
- Stir in the coconut milk and season to taste with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.