- 3 ripe pears (cored and cut into thin wedges)
- 6 just ripe black plums (pitted, cut into wedges)
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 100 g butter (softened at room temperature)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large frying pan, add 1tbsp. water, pear, plums, vanilla and 1 tbsp. maple syrup. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Remove from heat. Drain any excess liquid. Transfer to a large ceramic baking dish.
- Meanwhile, combine the almond meal, oats, coconut and remaining maple syrup in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- If butter is not softened, quickly heat in a saucepan over low heat. Pour butter into oat mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly of fruit mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden. Serve with full fat Greek yoghurt or Co-Yo.
Using black plums for this recipe is essential. Black plums have a red flesh and are much sweeter than the red varieties – they also contain more antioxidants, important for good health.
- Category: Dairy Free, Dessert, gluten free