Quick, simple, nutritious and delicious.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, peeled and grated
- 600g free range chicken mince
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp. wheat free tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. gluten free fish sauce
- 225g tin water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh long chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- fresh coriander leaves to serve
- fresh lime wedges to serve
- Heat wok or large frying pan over medium to high heat. When hot, add the oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- Add the tamari or coconut aminos as well as the fish sauce and toss to mix through.
- Add the water chestnuts, spring onion and chilli. Cook for a further 2 minutes until cooked through, however, be careful not to overcook the water chestnuts as they will loose their crunch 🙂
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Mix through bean sprouts and capsicum. Check seasoning and add a little sea salt or extra fish sauce if required. Stir through.
- To plate up, arrange the lettuce cups on a plate. Spoon the mixture into the lettuce cups, top with coriander and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Category: Dairy Free, Dinner, gluten free, Lunch
- Cuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free