- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 small yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 400g can, diced tomato
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. harissa
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chilli flakes if you like it spicy, spicy! (optional )
- 4 free range, organic eggs
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- 2 tbsp. goat's cheese (optional )
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat oil in a medium size cast iron skillet (or smaller fry pan) over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add capsicums and tomato, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomato, tomato paste, paprika, cumin, harissa, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened enough that you'll be able to make indentations to add eggs (not too dry though!).
- Make 4 hollows in the mixture and crack 1 egg into each space. Leave to cook for 1 minute until edges of eggs have set. Transfer to the oven for 8-12 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Removed from the oven and serve immediately. Scatter with the fresh herbs of your choice, goat's cheese (if using) and salt and pepper. Serve with a fresh loaf of sourdough or gluten free bread.
Shake things up by adding a little chorizo or chickpeas depending on your dietary preferences.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free