- 1 leek (trimmed)
- 40 g organic grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove ( crushed)
- 4 carrots (peeled)
- 1.5 L chicken or veg stock
- 175 g red lentils
- EV Olive Oil to serve
- Slice the leek several times lengthways and then slice it finely.
- Put the leek in a large saucepan with the butter, ginger and garlic. Saute over medium heat until the leek is soft and lightly golden.
- Grate the carrot and add it to the leek, along with the stock and lentils. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with celtic sea-salt and pepper.
- Separate into four warm bowls and serve with a swirl of extra virgin olive oil.If you’re feeling adventurous, sometimes I like to add some sweet potato into the pot whilst it’s cooking, it makes it a little creamier and more substantial for those hungry tummies.