I don’t know about you, but to me, there is nothing better than a warm soup on a chilly winter’s day. Today I am sharing my recipe for carrot and red lentil soup. This soup is incredibly simple, oh so delicious and of course rich in real-food goodness.
Recipes just like this one can be found in my seasonal recipe collections available here: ‘An Apple a Day’ Seasonal Recipe Collections
Carrot and Lentil Soup
- 1 leek, trimmed
- 40g organic grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 1.5L of chicken or veg stock
- 175g of red lentils
- EV Olive Oil to serve
- Slice the leek several times lengthways and then slice it finely.
- Put the leek in a large saucepan with the butter, ginger and garlic. Saute over medium heat until the leek is soft and lightly golden.
- Grate the carrot and add it to the leek, along with the stock and lentils. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with celtic sea-salt and pepper.
- Separate into four warm bowls and serve with a swirl of extra virgin olive oil.If you’re feeling adventurous, sometimes I like to add some sweet potato into the pot whilst it’s cooking, it makes it a little creamier and more substantial for those hungry tummies.
Looking to find out more information about the ingredients I have selected? All you have to do is just follow these links: