Oh and just in case you were wondering, we voluntarily comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so we also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Personal information about visitors to our website is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services, email you a copy of our newsletter, or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
USE OF INFORMATION
COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM USERS
- Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- We also use third-party analytic tools like Google Analytics that employ cookies to collect information about your use of our services.
- We use web beacons to track and data for marketing purposes.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS
As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide us with your name, email address, telephone number, option on receiving updates, promotional material and other information. Registration as a member is completely optional. You may cancel this membership at any time by opting out of our email services.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
- Any information you share in a public area of our website will be available to anyone who can access that content.
- We may share your personal information within the company to our employees and contractors in order to deliver our products and services to you. Our employees and contractors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services. Examples include but are not limited to data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, customer services and support, processing credit card payments, and collecting customer satisfaction surveys. They will have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions.
- We use third-party advertising services, like Facebook® and Instagram®, to deliver advertising about our products and services on our websites, as well as other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on information we have collected (as outlined above) and information these advertising providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
- We use analytics services like Google Analytics® on the Site. These services use tools to help us analyse your use of the website, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the website, usage and performance data, and purchasing behaviour. We use this data to improve the website and provide information, products and services that may be of interest to you.
CREDIT CARD DETAILS
All transactions are processed via a third party PCI Compliant provider.
Apart from where you have consented or where disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
We will also strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secured. As such, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We provide links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as we provide with respect to the information we share.
PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
POLICY UPDATED: JUNE 2018