A side salad that brings about the freshest ingredients the summer has to offer.
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- 1 tsp. salt – Murray River, Himalayan or Celtic preferred
- 1 red onion, quartered, rings separated
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch mint leaves, picked and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 2 splashes red wine vinegar (to your taste)
- 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped (I used red, yellow and dark red )
- 75 grams goat's fetta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange eggplant rounds on a large plate so they're not overlapping, sprinkle with salt and set aside for at least 15 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, combine mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat a barbecue grill on medium heat. Use remaining oil to brush both sides of the eggplant. Chargrill both eggplant and red onion for 5 minutes either side or until tender, remove from the grill once complete.
- Before serving, chop red onion into smaller bite sized pieces and toss with chopped tomatoes.
- To plate up, arrange eggplant on a large plate, top with chopped tomatoes and red onion mixture before adding feta and parsley and mint salad dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Dairy Free, gluten free, Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mediterranean