“These truffles are one of the dishes that my friends and family request the most! They’re refined sugar-free, gluten-free and raw, and provide a good dose of healthy fats. A great option if you feel like something sweet but don’t want a sugar crash!” Lillian D from realfoodhealthybody.com.
Hazelnut Praline Truffles
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Mayver’s Hazelnut & Cacao Spread (or ¼ cup plain hazelnut butter)
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup (or raw honey)
- ¼ cup raw virgin coconut oil, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt / Himalayan Rock Salt
- Ground hazelnuts for rolling
- Process the cashews and shredded coconut in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a large bowl and stir through the coconut flour, Hazelnut & Cacao Spread (or hazelnut butter), rice malt syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt.
- Roll the mixture into balls, then roll the balls in the ground hazelnuts and set them in the fridge. Store them in the fridge, as the coconut oil in the truffles may start to melt at room temperature.