Gummies are a HUGE hit with my patients – HUGE, so I thought I’d share some new recipes.
If you’re new to this concept, you can read all about the Health Benefits of Gelatin – the main ingredient in my gummies here. If you like the idea, you might want to try out some other flavours here:
- Sour Citrus Gummies (for those who love a sour worms – without the sugar).
- Mango & Cream Gummies (is there a better flavour combination?)
- Chocolate Gummies (perfect for after dinner cravings)
- Coconut & Lime Gummies (for something a little creamier, yet a tropical twist)
This recipe makes approximately 25 gummies.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- Combine gelatin and juice in a small bowl; stir slowly to combine. Once combined set aside for 5 minutes to allow gelatin to ‘set’ AKA become ‘gel like’.
- Once the consistency has changed to resemble a thick paste, scrape mixture into a saucepan over low heat for approximately 1-2 minutes in order to liquefy. This will ensure the gelatin has dissolved and the gummies will set evenly.
- As soon as the gel has liquefied, poor gelatin juice mixture into baking moulds or a flat ceramic baking dish before popping it in the fridge to set. This should take approximately 1hour.
- Once gelatin has set, remove gummies from moulds OR if you have used a baking dish, cut gummies into small bite sized pieces before serving.
As these gummies have a very similar consistency to “jelly” without the additives, preservatives and what not, warm temperatures will cause them to melt. Keep refrigerated for best consistency.
If you don’t know where to source gelatin, one of the brands I recommend is 100% Australian owned company Nutra Organics. Their Natural Gelatin is sourced from 100% Australian pasture raised cattle (only one in Australia at the moment). They also have a starter pack (250g for $11.90) so you can experiment without having to make a large investment.
LIMITED TIME OFFER:
Use the code AAAD10 to get 10% off store wide at Nutra Organics 🙂 Order up, but be quick! I’ve only got 100 discount codes available!