This pineapple chicken is the perfect recipe for summer evening. Filled with fresh flavours of the season, this recipe is light, tasty and incredibly easy to prepare.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF PINEAPPLE
- Pineapple has a whopping 131% of your daily value of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is incredibly important for both immune and aid in the synthesis of collagen.
- One medium pineapple contains about 13 grams of fibre, fibre is so incredibly important for reducing your risk of colon cancer as well as helping you manage blood sugar levels.
- The active enzyme Bromelain found commonly in pineapple cores (eat them up!), assists us in breaking down proteins into peptides and amino acids. Bromelain has also been used to ease the symptoms of ulcerative colitis and acid reflux.
- Bromelain has also been used to manage pain and inflammation, particularly in arthritis patients.
Need another reason to make this dish? Didn’t think so 🙂
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN STIR-FRY
Servings: 4 people
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 fresh medium pineapple, cut into small bite size pieces
- 2 small red capsicums, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger powder
- 1 tbsp. honey optional
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- sesame seeds and spring onion to garnish
- serve with brown rice
In a large frypan, add a splash of water and the chicken and brown onion, tossing until slightly brown. Add the tamari and sesame oil and toss to combine.
Add the pineapple and red capsicum and toss to combine. Sprinkle over the ginger powder, honey (if using) and stir through the tomato paste.
Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Serve on a bed of brown rice.