- 1 cup oats, rolled (not the quick cooking variety)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup, honey or rice malt syrup
- Touch of grass-fed butter, or almond milk
- Mix the oats with warm water, cover and leave in a warm place (not the fridge), overnight.
- In the morning, bring an additional cup of water to the boil with sea salt. Add the soaked oats, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for several minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove from the heat, let stand for a few minutes before serving with butter, splash of almond milk and/or sweetener of choice.
Top with fresh fruit for an antioxidant boost.