Brown Rice Pudding
SERVES 4 PREP TIME: 15 MINS COOK TIME: 30 MINS
- 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice (approx. 1 cup raw brown rice, cooked)
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 ½ cups full fat coconut milk or almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 tbsp. flaked almonds
- Full fat Greek Yoghurt (or Coconut Yoghurt) and fresh fruit to serve.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a small oven proof-baking dish, add brown rice. Distribute evenly.
- Combine eggs, coconut milk, sweetener of choice and vanilla. Pour over the rice.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it has thickened like a custard.
- Remove from oven, top with flaked almonds. Serve whilst still warm, with full fat Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit.