These Chocolate Bliss Balls are both gluten and dairy free, contain the nutrient rich cacao and they are sweetened with the natural goodness of dates (no added sugar!!). They are simple and easy to prepare, and best of all… they are DELICIOUS!
Chocolate Bliss Balls
- 250g / 2 Cups of Cashews
- 20g / 2 heaped tbsp of cacao
- 50g / 2 generous tbsp of Coconut Oil – I use Loving Earth (it tastes amazing)
- 7 fresh organic dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Combine all ingredients (minus desiccated coconut) in the food processor and blend until combined. Mixture should resemble a moist granular texture that binds together well when rolled into balls.
- Pour desiccated coconut on a large plate or flat surface.
- Roll mixture into bite-sized balls, before rolling in desiccated coconut to coat.
- Place completed balls in the fridge for approximately 15 minutes. This will set the coconut oil.
These delicious Energy balls store in the fridge for 2-3 days in a sealed container. Perfect as a kitchen activity for children. Feel free to substitute cashews for other varieties of nuts. I often alternate between Walnuts and Cashews just to change things up. Enjoy!