As the weather gets a little warmer, I start to crave that lighter, crispier texture of a salad. To help satisfy this craving, I decided to whip together an old favourite for lunch today – my pomegranate. fennel and goat’s cheese salad. It’s so simple to throw together and tastes freaking amazing. Perfect to pair back with… well, anything really! I even like to enjoy it on it’s own.
Fennel & Goats Cheese Salad
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1/8 red cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 generous handfuls of rocket leaves
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely sliced
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 2 cups walnuts (activated preferred – see post below)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp. sweetener of your choice (RMS, Honey, Maple)
- 100g goat’s cheese (optional)
- Olive oil and red wine vinegar to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine coconut oil, sweetener and walnuts in small bowl. Spread onto baking paper and roast for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Combine chopped cabbage, rocket, fennel and pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Top with crumbed goat’s cheese and walnuts.
- Drizzle with olive oil (and red wine vinegar if you’re using) before serving.
If you’re pressed for time, I like to mix a dash of sweetener with some water. Use this mixture to coat the activated walnuts before adding them to the salad – no cooking required 😉