Whenever we do a road trip, we think ahead. We take as much fresh food as we can and jam pack it into our esky (like a game of Tetris), because let’s face it, this isn’t a whole lot of real food on offer on the road. Fortunately, all that’s about to change as Oliver’s Real Food Stops have arrived and plan to expand throughout Australia! Woohoo!
According to ‘The Age’, the perks of Oliver’s Real Food are:
- Instead of french fries, the chain serves lightly steamed beans with Himalayan pink salt.
- Instead of Happy Meals, they offer children a tray of sushi, organic sultanas, cheese, crackers and carrots.
- The store’s meat and vegetable pita pockets, fruit smoothies, organic omelettes and fruit salads are prepared on site.
- Coconut water and fresh fruit juices are sold instead of soft drink.
- The shops even have sustainable bamboo furnishings, biodegradable cutlery and recycled paper napkins. Currently Oliver’s is only open in Victoria, but founder Jason Gunn is aiming to have 300 Australian Oliver’s stores open by 2025. I can’t wait to see what’s next.
For the full article, head to The Age website here.