The Chia and Chocolate Zucchini Bread doesn’t contain any flour and as a result is gluten-free. It is also grain-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free which is perfect for those following a Paleo lifestyle. This loaf is incredibly moist and full of magnesium rich chocolatey goodness. It also contains the nutritious chia seed, for added fibre and omega 3’s. Yum!
If you can’t have eggs, try substituting these for something from this post: Real food egg replacements.
This recipe (alongside many others), can be found in my “Health, Happiness and Wholefoods” recipe collection, available here.
Chia & Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (2 cups shredded zucchini)
- 2 pastured eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup almond butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- ¼ cup raw honey, maple or rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder + 1 tsp lemon juice, combined
- 32g or 4 tbsp of chia seeds
- Pinch of Celtic/Himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Shred your zucchini either using the shredding attachment on your food processor or cheese grater.
- Place zucchini in a bowl with the rest of your ingredients; use ?a large spoon to mix well until all the ingredients are combined and you have a deep chocolate colour.
- Line your loaf tin with baking paper before pouring your ingredients into the loaf pan.
- Place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when you poke it. Let it cool, cut and serve!
Due to the fact that his recipe doesn’t contain any raising agents, it does remain relatively flat however, this does not affect the delicious flavour.
For more information about the ingredients I have selected, just follow the links below: