Last summer, our niece came to stay with us over Christmas. Being the good host that I was, I decided to use this opportunity gather some honest feedback on a number of my recipes (trust a 4yo to tell it like it is – I love it :)). These creamy chocolate popsicles, were a clear winner (amongst young and old) and have been whipped up once more as the weather starts to heat up.
This delicious recipe is gluten free, dairy free and free from all refined sugars.
Creamy Chocolate Popsicles
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 6 Hrs
- 2 level tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana (the riper the better)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Sweetener of your choice, to taste
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into popsicle holds and insert pop sticks.
- Freeze for approximately 6 hours, or until set.
The more ripe the banana, the less sweetener you will need. This makes 4 of the popsicles pictured.