- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion chopped
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed (reduce if FODMAPS)
- 2 tablespoons of crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons of yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 400 grams of full fat coconut milk
- 2 mangos peeled and diced
- 2 free-range/organic chicken breasts diced
- Salt and pepper Coriander for garnish
Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and sauté until soft. This should take about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute before adding the curry powder and cumin, stir to combine. If anything begins to stick too much to the bottom of the pan, add a little more oil and reduce heat.
Add the apple cider vinegar, coconut milk, and a single chopped mango to the pan. Increase the heat and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to a low simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Scoop the sauce into a food processor; purée the sauce until smooth.
Return the sauce to the pan and add chicken pieces. Return to a low simmer. Cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Simmer for another minute or two, uncovered.
Season with Celtic sea salt and pepper. Garnish with coriander and serve on a bed of brown or cauliflower rice.